I had a really fun/interesting/happy weekend! My mom, dad, and I took a road trip to like...5 1/2 hours away from here, and we visited another college. I have been looking forward to this visit for like...EVER! (okay, like a month and a half...but still!) I was very excited. This college had so many things that I am looking for:
~It's Catholic!
~Theater/with a musical theater focus!!! :D
~Dance - a minor
~Music
~Its in a very pretty location - I'm all about lovely scenery!!!
~and lots of other things that were just so...'me'. Like a ballroom dance club! ch'yeah!
So, here's the lowdown on what happened, with a time line of course!!!
Friday -
4:30AM: got up. :D
5:30: we hit the road (not like Amelia Bedelia)
6:30: driving
7:30: driving
9:45: still driving
10:00-ish: HUNGRY!!! stop at Subway, get a personal pizza :D :D :D hit the spot!!
11:45: we arrive!
12:00: wandering into the chapel on campus, we discover that a daily mass is about to start - we have an hour before our appointment, so it was like - meant to be! AWESOME start to the tour!
After mass we wandered a little bit, discovered a metal horse and a beautiful Marian shrine/pool with live fish! And a floating island...yeeaaahhhh.....
1:00: Admissions appointment! Guess what they start us with? A meeting with the top THEATER guy! He took us on an in-depth tour of the theater - I could have died of happiness. Sad note - I am terribly shy, or just slow of brain when around new people. I could never think of anything to ask or say...he was probably wondering why I was interested in theater! Ha.
We got to see the main stage-and underneath where the trapdoors are-, the costume shop (where they were making clothes for poor children in..was it Africa? because they weren't working on a production right now. I thought that was awesome!)
the design/work shop (I'm not sure what they call it for real - it's where they make sets, anyway...met that guy - he was pretty cool, too! I was all excited because they said I would learn how to use everything in that room. YAY! I'd be SO cool! haha),
the recital hall - where a girl was having her private voice lesson, and she was AMAZING!,
and the dressing rooms,
and the makeup room (I'm SO excited about makeup classes...doesn't that just sound SO fun!??),
the 'GREEN' room,
and OH! I almost forgot! The black box theater.
It was all SO VERY EXCITING!!! As you can probably tell... :)
2:00: we went back to the admissions office, and pretty much immediately got started off on our campus tour, which took like, another 2 hours! It was ridiculous.
Interesting fact: They have an ice rink. And students can skate for free. Can we say AWESOME!??!?
4:00: Meeting with the admissions person - she was so fun, and I wish I could have been more interesting and maybe snagged more info, but I had a pounding headache by this time, and my eyes were glazing over with information overload, so it was a fairly short meeting.
By the time we were all done at the college, we were all starved. First we checked into our hotel, then we decided where to eat, and went there with all speed. Not the best meal ever, but it served.
The night at the hotel was uneventful, aside from the fact that I started reading "The Shadow of the Bear" out loud to my Mom! It was way fun, and she was very intrigued, but, being mom, she fell asleep before I had read very much, and, being tired myself, we went to sleep at like, 9:30, setting the book aside for a later date. Dad was watching the Twins baseball game against the Kansas Royals on the big TV, and this captivated me for quite a while - baseball players can be really cute!!!
Saturday:
Slept in until about 8:30 - felt SO much better, and much revived for the day. The hotel we stayed at had a continental breakfast, so that was a fun adventure of figuring out the waffle iron, finding the coffee, and discovering that their cereal was nasty. Nasty. (I keep spelling that 'nastly' for some reason...)
Then we went birding. Well, I wanted to go to Wisconsin, since it was just across the river, and I'd never been in that state..haha! So we drove around in the rain for like...an hour..Dad looking for birds, and I was like, all into it for some reason. Rain makes me happy some days. And I was hyper.
We stopped at Salvation Army, just to browse. I found a couple of books for $.50 each - the first Boxcar children book! AND the first Nancy Drew book! I was happy.
We ate at Culvers for lunch. :D Yummy burger..yessssssssssssss precioussss.
At 3:00, my Mom and I went the the Dance concert, and it was AWESOME!!! Afterwords, the theater guy (that had shown us around of Friday,) introduced me to the main Dance lady. She was so lovely! I was extremely pleased with her, and am hoping to get to work with her someday.
We ate at Culvers again for supper. I got a salad this time - yummy!!!
Although I was mortified that we ate at the same place 2 times in 1 day...
At 7:30 we went to the Choirs concert - it was very pretty! I enjoyed it immensely.
9:30: Started the trip home, stopping to get snacks and yummy tea to stay awake with, took my contacts out, and off we went! Dad drove the first 3 hours, and I slept in the back. Then, at about 1:00AM, Dad needed to switch off driving, and, as I was wide awake and eager, I took the wheel. It was so adventurous to be driving off into the dark night into strange territories...well, not really strange- I knew where I was. I listened to music, Mom and Dad dozed, and I got us the rest of the way home by 3:15AM!
It was really a fun weekend and I am very excited about the prospect of going to school there! Of course, I still can't make a decision, but I have a very strong liking and hopefully it doesn't prove to be too perfect a thing, as it seems to be at the moment the very thing that would make me happy.
Now, what to do with this coming week... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment