Monday, April 25, 2011

I think it's safe to say...

It's SPRING!!! And I think it will now stay that way! I'm SO HAPPY!!! Easter was SO much fun, and I loved the time spent with my family. It was such a great day! First off, I got up at 5:30, which could have been a bad thing, but it worked out okay. ;) You see, my family was singing as a choir-sort-of-thing, and since mass was at 8:30 and we wanted to be at church at 7:30, and it takes 20 minutes to get there, and lots of people needed the shower beforehand, SOMEBODY had to get up super early to claim the shower first. :D That way I would have time to practice the A Capella thing I was going to sing at communion.

Okay, yeah, that was way TMI, but I wanted to explain why I was trying to torture myself by getting up before the sun. Actually, I always feel my best when I get up before the sun. I need to remember that. One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to get up at like..well, 5:30 ;) and take a walk in the pre-dawn light, down the gravel road, over the hill, and across the prairie to sit on the hill by the hidden slough, and watch the sun rise while praying and just admiring the Lord's general splendor, because when you watch a sun rise over water, feel the warm/cool breeze fan your cheek and listen to the morning birds wake up, you feel alive and there seems to be a greater purpose to life, and you return home elated and full of praise and wonderment. Wow, I need to do that more often!

But I stray from the point.

Singing for mass went VERY well. I turned pages for the prelude and postlude that my oldest sister played on the organ, admiring her talents the entire time and being very slow in my turning. (okay, I could do with some turning practice...) ;)
Singing was fun, the nephews behaved,(mostly) and nobody died. ;)
He is Risen!!! Yay!!! :D :D :D

Upon the return home, we did such fun things as the egg hunt, (super fun! I did not win. :( but I came in second! And it wasn't really fair - the winner was a team, and I hunted by myself, so...;))) and we played kinick..which I have no idea how to spell - it's this game of tapping the eggs together, and whoever's doesn't break, wins! I won. My egg was invincible. This was proven further when we played egg rolling immediately afterward, and everyone's egg was either super-cracked, or there was the one that neatly peeled itself before our eyes, or the one that exploded across the lawn. Mine didn't even crack! It was a scary egg. :)

Moving on from the eggs, we set up the croquet set and played a rousing game. That was so fun! I love croquet. I did not win that, however. But I hold no grudge. ;)

Dinner was AMAZING. End of story. I ate WAY too much, and am still on such a sugar overload its almost disgusting! SO MUCH SUGAR!!! I'm loving it thought. I.love.sugar. But right now I'm craving salads and grapes..maybe not the grapes. Haha.

We watched Tangled last night - my nephews hadn't seen it yet. Never were there so many distractions!!! I thought the movie would never be finished. But it was, so it's all good. I love Tangled!

Now I'm super tired and really should sleep - but I had to share my Easter joy! Everyone went home today, and, while I miss them already and can't wait until we get to see them again, it was such a relief as the last person went out the door and peace and tranquility once again reigned over the house - my cat appreciated the quiet, too. She's been a bit nervous ever since the nephews arrived Thursday night. Haha she's so funny, what with her napping and creepin' around, hiding from people and running away from the little boys! I don't entirely blame her, though...

Tomorrow I have dance class, and I'm excited. We are almost done learning my recital dances! Actually, we HAVE finished 4 of them, but they still need tons of polish and cleaning up, and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!! But its all so fun! I can hardly wait for my recital! But that's not until June, so meanwhile I'll occupy myself with other things, like visiting a college this weekend, shopping tomorrow, and singing for a Hospice fundraiser thing on Wednesday. Yes, this week will be busy, but not stressful. Ah, how wonderful is non-stressfulness! I'm just soaking this up, and hoping it stays this way.

And summer is on it's way. That's all I wanted to say. :)

No comments: