Monday, May 9, 2011

Thunder Claps and Sunny Moments

I've mentioned that I love rain, right? And storms? And really windy days? And those times when the sky almost turns green and you feel like you are on the edge of something big, something strong and fierce, and you can't avoid it even if you wanted to, so you just don't try? ('you' being 'me' in this instance.. ;D)

Well, it's true. I am a lover of exciting weather.

Oh, don't get me wrong - I am probably most content on sunny days - those blissful summer days with light breezes rustling through the leaves of the tree as the cicadas hum and the birds sing in happy delight...and all you want to do is put on a beautiful flowing dress, wear your hair long and trip lightly through the world, exploring it's many fascinating beauties.

I love sunny days where the weather is perfect.

I also have a deep love for days when the weather is very dangerous. It gives one a certain thrill - it's as if God is showing you how powerful he can be, but he's holding back, and you want to see how bad the storm can get out of idle curiosity.

Just me? Okay..

But seriously. I get super hyper when there's a thunderstorm going on, while my sister gets a terrible headache - we are not compatible at these times ;) I'm all talkative and energetic, while she is in pain and wants me to just shut up. I don't know why I always try, though....

Anyway. There was a story that was going to happen with all this rambling, so I suppose I should get to it. Yesterday, during church, there was this BIG thunderstorm going on during mass.

It. Was. Awesome!!!

At random moments there would be these HUGE rolls of thunder and everyone would kinda glance up at the ceiling, (as if that would let you see anything!) and you could hear the rain pitter-patter-ing on the roof, and it was just very awesome. ;)

Sadly, it was done by the time mass ended, so I couldn't witness any of it by sight. :'(

But today, I stepped outside, and there's this delicious wind coming from the east, and the sky is gray, and the sun is shining (I love times like that, too) and everything is turning green and it smells all Spring-y and it's actually warm! I'm sooooo happy right now, just because of that whiff of thrilling nature, beckoning to me, calling to me, and I really want to go outside and join the mysteries that occur in the great outdoors.

Yes, I've been called crazy before. Go ahead. ;)

1 comment:

Trudi Rose said...

Okay, Sis, I'm very happy for you, even if I do think you're crazy. I would have appreciated if the storms could have avoided my birthday though. :)