Monday, June 27, 2011

Flowers and Flounces

Here I am, sitting at my desk typing away on my computer - yes, I unburied it today! (the desk, that is) ;) I'm so excited and peaceful right now, (I realize that the words 'excite' and 'peace' do not really go together....)because my room is very neat and I know where things are - I organized! So now I can actually sit on my stool, and I can actually do things at my desk, and when I look around I see only my colors, decorations, and my cat, all serene and blissful. *happy sigh*.

So...I had a really good time this past weekend. I got to go to a movie premiere - "The Shadow of the Bear", based off of one of my FAVORITE books!!! The movie was AWESOME!!! While it wasn't quite done yet, you could tell by the parts that were done that it will be truly magnificent.

Anyway...the rest of the weekend was spent various splendiferous activities, some highlights were:

~meeting THE AUTHOR!! Regina Doman - she signed my copy of the book :) :) :)

~also meeting a bunch of other truly amazing, spectacular, crazy people that were all kindred spirits, and I feel so blessed to have gotten the opportunity to meet all of them :) :) :)

~The Talent Show. This was probably where I had the most fun all weekend - it was so cool to see everyone's different talents and gifts and have everyone share what they loved to do..I nearly cried a few times, because all these people came from all over North America to this one place, because we all share at least one thing in common - our love for Regina Doman's books. Amazingly, we all have a lot more than that in common, and it was SO amazing to find other people as 'crazy' as me :)

~The Swing Dance. Now, I am no expert at swing dancing - in fact, I barely knew how. Still don't really feel great at it. But it was fun learning with everyone else (I learned the guys part - yeah.) and dancing around however. I did get to dance for real once with a guy who knew what he was doing - that was SO fun! The Virginia Reel was also super fun, as well as the broom dance, where I got to dance with "Fish"...haha no, it was the actor, but still!!!

~Exploring the auditorium - finding deep dark places and creepy hallways, was the kind of fun I live for, and dressing up and playing in a Murder Mystery was mind boggling, confusing, and I'm still not sure what was going on half the time. I'm not good at solving mysteries, lets just say that ;)

~One of my personal favorites? The 9:00 morning rosary. Everyone gathered in the living room, some knelt, some sat, others stood, but all were unified by the saying of the rosary together. It was truly beautiful.

I came home Saturday night - most were staying until Sunday, I believe - because on Sunday my NIECE!! Ivrin (yup, that's from the Silmarillion ;) ) was baptized, and we all gathered around to witness her receipt of the beautiful Sacrament. So much fun! Then we all went to my brother's apartment and ate things on kabobs and had a jolly good time.

Right now? Well,...mom's making gingersnaps, all's pretty much quiet, (except for the Bosch going on and on and my Bourne Identity soundtrack playing in my speakers for the very first time ;),),, and I'm feeling the call of the beautiful, sunny outdoors right now, sooooooo...Laters!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was nice meeting you Grace!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D And it was kind of funny how I recognized you from your profile picture on here :D :D :D