So, as you may know, we are doing "Seussical: The Musical" in my hometown this summer, and I am not only playing a pretty major roll (the sour kangaroo), but I am also the choreographer. Plus I help my mom out with costuming/production managing/everything else in our crazy life.
Of course I delayed really thinking about choreography until now. I always procrastinate, and one of these days you'd think I'd learn that procrastination doesn't work so hot for me, but I digress. (ha. I've been hearing that phrase a LOT this summer)
Anyway, now I have a deadline - we are learning the choreography on Wednesday. Yup. And I don't have anything choreographed yet. And it's a musical with practically NO dialogue. Yup. And I'm freaking out. Internally. On this blog. Yup. I'm actually supposed to be choreographing right now, or taking a nap. Instead I'm blogging. You see, I was up until 3 last night. Mom and I stayed very late at the theater, painting the stage black. Well, Mom painted - I passed out cold (fell asleep) on the floor...there was a pillow involved. Mom was just glad that the bat didn't come flying out. It gets a bit creepy at the ol' theatre at night...but that's just one person's opinion, you know.
It's 4th of July weekend :D ;D :D I'm pretty psyched. Not sure exactly what we are doing, but I do know family will be here, and I will be wearing some very cute clothes. ;D What else could possibly matter? On Monday I'm going to watch the Capitol 4th concert on PBS with my sister - we watch it every year, and it's super exciting this year because Josh Groban is going to be one it!!!!!!!
Yup. I'm a fan. Oh, and there will be other cool people, too. And I'm hoping there's some ice cream involved...
Right now my hammock is calling me, as well as other various duties that I should really attend to..(such as choreography, practicing, learning, and being helpful) so I shall cease this disturbance and continue being crazy elsewhere for the time-being.
2 comments:
There is something about the title of this post that makes me think of The Joker...it's my own psychotic state I'm sure :)
I was probably thinking of the joker when I wrote that - or do I really want to admit that?? ;)
Post a Comment