I am feeling a very strong desire to make a medieval dress right about now...do you ever get that feeling? It's rather pleasant, so I shall enjoy it for a while.
I love going down to Mom's sewing room and opening the cupboard that contains my own personal fabric stash. I've had some of it for about 5 years or more, but that doesn't change the fact that I love that fabric and dream of making something out of it someday. I'm hoping...hoping...to make a few elaborate things in August, but we shall see what I can fit in between organ lessons/recital, college visits, relaxation, and dance starting up again! Ahh, bliss.
I also want it to be a little bit cooler outside (just a little, cuz I like it hot, really) so I can play dress up and play with my sword. Not that I have a sword - I don't, but it's fun to say I can play with one :)
I listened to the soundtracks for "The Lord of the Rings" all last night - LOVE! Aww, now I want to watch those movies again! Although, I am one of those fortunate people with a bit of photographic memory, and I have those movies practically memorized, so listening to the soundtrack, I can almost conjure up the movie in my mind. But its not the same AT ALL!!! Hahaha I used to (still do, if I'm completely honest) want to live in Middle Earth - it's such a beautiful place, even during war. I guess I just have to do my best here on Earth, but it is SO hard sometimes. At least I don't have real orcs to look at - although I could get all metaphorical and say there are definitely orcs in my life, but I'm not quite philosophical enough to do that this morning. No, I'm not awake yet! So I shall go eat Coco Puffs and plums (NOT together) and try to be sweet. It's why I eat so much sugar, you know - I like to be sweet. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment