I played organ for mass this morning, so I really took it to notice that it was Trinity Sunday - which I thought was very appropriate for father's day! - all the hymns were about the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and they were so beautiful and I had so much fun playing them! Indeed, I think it was the best I'd ever done on the organ. It helped that these same hymns were very simple...well, another possibility is that I'm getting better at playing the organ!! :D :D :D Organ lessons are helping, methinks.
I had a very nice day, really. I read, ate, watched a tv show with my sister, ate again (very yummy potatoes and steak and strawberry shortcake..ah, bliss!!), and slept. Took a nap. Yes, that's right. And it was very pleasant, too! I got less than a proper amount of sleep last night due to watching The Haygoods fan night online until after midnight, and then having to get up at 6:45, and not being able to fall asleep in those early morning hours in between because it is hot outside and my mind was excited. And nervous. I usually get that way before playing organ. Anyway, I was tired today, so I took a nap. Oh, and I discovered the word 'declamation' today, so expect to see it a lot, as it rather applies to most of what I do in this blog. (I use the definition 'vehement oratory', by the way)
Tonight my family decided to go for a wagon ride again. That was fun, but when we reached the end of the road and were turning around to come back home, I felt the prairie calling to me, and hopped out (much to many personable persons dismay) and scampered up the hill and far away to pay a visit to my beautiful Serenity Pool: freshly named this evening :) I also came up with my alter-ego name...I had already had the first part, but I added a middle name, as it seemed to fit. Hows this?:
.'Cordelia Rose of Serenity Pool'.
:D
I like being her, by the way.
I was wearing a fun summer dress, and this huge shawl that Mom has had for like...ever! I love the shawl. It made my day. And I was listening to Hans Zimmer on my iPod - it was like having my own personal life soundtrack!!! Oh, actually..I changed it to Il Divo, Josh Groban, Mario Frangoulise and the Canadian Tenors before I went on my walk...it was divine!!! I picked a boquet of wild flowers and danced down the gravel road amongst the thrilling breezes and sunset aromas.
Okay, I'm almost done. I keep forgetting to keep updating on my completed Classic books - I finished Oedipus Rex. Highly disturbing, but I of course enjoyed it (to put too bright a word on it) anyway. :) Now I'm reading "Under The Lilacs" (not on the classics list), to finish up my Louisa May Alcott list. So far it's super cute and lovely!! More on that later. :D
1 comment:
Post a Comment