Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dance pictures!!!!

I keep forgetting to post my dance pictures! On Monday we took all these pictures of my in my dance costumes, and well, I want to share!!! :) So here are my 'fav's'. :)

This is my character costume. We are dancing to Rich Man's Fuge from Sweet Charity.

Note the hat. :)


My Jazz costume^. Beautiful People by Christina Aguilera. It's a really fun dance, but I'm not super fond of this costume...I like it, but then I don't...it's complicated. ;)


My Irish dance is really called "Crazy Eyes McGuilicutty', (did NOT spell that correctly), but I think my teacher shortened the name somehow in our program...sadness. :) This is one of my favorite dances. Isn't that blue pretty?


I LOVE our tap dance. It's to "Steppin' Out With My Baby', and I just googled it, and it's originally from the show 'Easter Parade'. *shrug*. Interesting. :)


Discombobulate. From Sherlock Holmes. By Hans Zimmer. Need I say more? I LOVE THIS DANCE!!! (oh the style is non-syllabus, which basically translates to ballet class, and whatever my teacher wants to do with the dance. Its cool :)


Our big ballet. Ahh. Well, I don't have the balloons in this picture, but our song is the theme from the movie 'UP'. Yay!!! Its such a cute, sweet, quiet dance. Isn't the costume funny?


And then there's contemporary - 'At Last' - A very moody, passionate song. With a fan. :D :D :D do you see me smiling? :D :D :D Well, this is probably the hardest dance, in my opinion.

So there you have it! My seven costumes, titles, styles, etc. Our recital is on Monday!! EEK!!! I love recital day :) Hopefully it will go well, though I leave for the weekend (going to a home school conference!!!), and won't get back until Sunday, so I'll have like..a day to practice some more and get all ready, and then recital!!! And I really should practice. :/ ;) :D

2 comments:

Ivy said...

Ha! One of the classes at my school had the exact same costume as your first one! I loooove it...I wsh I'd been able to wear one! ;)

You did a dance to Discombobulate??? Ohmygoodnesssosojealous :D

And wowwww...the last one is definitely my fave!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! And the director for the play I'm in is using "Discombobulate" for a dance!