(in no particular order - that would be insane)
1. Warmth.
2. The smell of summer earth.
3. Green grass (well, grass in general)
4. Blue skies with those puffy white clouds
5. No more teaching dance
6. Organ lessons - this may or may not be fun
7. My dance recital is in June - that's summer, right?
8. Seussical! (and the following are Seussical related:)
9. Having lots of people around
10. Being at the theater a lot
11. Learning lines
12. Singing lots
13. Possibly choreographing some ensembles
14. I'll get a Kindle
15. Start reading Classics
16. I'll be beginning my senior year-junior will be OVER!
17. Midnight walks
18. Dancin' in the rain
19. Frog catching
20. Flowers
21. Flip Flops!!!
22. Toenail polish
23. Dresses
24. Open windows
25. Wind
26. I'll be done with the ACT
27. HAMMOCK!!!
28. Thunderstorms
29. I'll try to learn French
30. POP concert! (possibly)
31. Parties :D
32. Campfires...later in the summer
33. Hamburgers. On the Grill :)
34. And fries ;)
35. RHUBARB!!!
36. Rhubarb dessert
37. Rhubarb/blueberry syrup
38. Rhubarb muffins/etc/
39. Fresh strawberries
40. Mulberries
41. Going barefoot.....ahhhh.
42. Mowing the lawn
43. Getting a tan
44. Swimming
45. Driving with the windows open
46. Really loud music :)
47. Maybe Il Divo at top volume...
48. Nephews!!!
49. Writing - because Summer is my inspiration
50. Did I mention that I'll be DONE TEACHING!?!?!
51. Vacation to Duluth in August!
52. ~Train ride
53. ~Small cruise upon the big Lake
54. PIE!!!
55. I'm really looking forward to lemonade
56. Painting is fun in the Summer
57. Planting things - like flowers
58. Weeding things..not so fun, but it smells nice
59. Hair is very nice in the summer...luscious curls, baby!
60. NO COATS!!!
61. Or scarves of hats or gloves or BOOTS!
(although I like scarves..)
62. No flooding. Not that that bothers ME too much.
63. Random games of wiffle ball
64. There will be dramatic moments in the shrubbery -
in costume - with a script - by myself...
65. Maybe Dad will plant my Hydrangea bush!!!
66. Violets!!! (my FAVORITE flower!!!)
67. I love lilacs a lot, too!
(but the wind kills them after a week :( )
68. Maybe I'll have made a college decision!
69. Maybe not, but I'll be closer!
70. Costuming for Seussical!
71. I'm happy in the summer. Sunshine loves me.
72. I'm sick of snow. And grey. And sadness.
73. I'll know more then than I do now!
(that was cryptic...)
74. I'll be free from all things math related!!!
(in textbook form, anyway)
75. The 4th Pirates movie will have come out!
The suspense will be OVER. ;/
76. Wow...all the sequals that are coming out this year - YAY!!!
77. Need I mention that I'm so THRILLED for THE HOBBIT!?!!?
(but that's next winter..never mind)
78. New baby nephew/niece!!!!...we'll see which it is :)
SO EXCITED!!!
79. I can wear my yellow dress!!!
80. And make other dresses because I won't be too busy!!!
81. And long swish-y skirts
82. Oooo...Mom will have re-decorated(painted) the Library!
83. I will practice piano a lot and learn some fun, classical pieces!!!!
(hopefully)
84. Cartwheels on the lawn
85. Chocolate. Chocolate. Chocolate!!!
(not that I don't have chocolate in the winter...
86. Tank Tops!
87. Seeing summer with my new eyes (contacts).
( I got them in the fall, so Summer will be different!)
88. Cicadas!!!
(I love that sound...gives one a lazy, sweet, and summer-y feeling)
89. Badmitton
90. Swinging...in trees :)
91. Croquet...although that's more of a Spring thing for me
92. WATERMELON!!! AHHHHH!!!
93. Sprinklers. They're fun :)
94. Sweat. It's sweet.
95. Rootbeer floats!
96. Going to sleep to the sound of frogs and crickets
97. Popsicles!
98. More new friends! (it will happen. It will.)
99. Long walks on the prairie!!!!
(can't belIEve I didn't think of that before)
100! Lazy days and accomplishments that are not school-related...
I'm LOVING it!!!
Whew. 100 reasons. And I left out a few.... ;) I.Can.Not.Wait. SO EXCITED FOR SUMMER! (I'm thinking that Summer starts in May, ends in September, by the way.)
If you read all those - Wow. You are seriously crazy. And probably bored. So now you should go off and do something really...exciting and just a tad bit risky. Live on the edge. Wootwoot. :D
3 comments:
hey, I'm looking forward to summer too - and we even share a bunch of the same reasons! It will be SPECTACULAR!
That is quite the list. I can't agree with all your reasons, but I want summer to show up too!
I have now thought of a few more things that really should have been on this list, but oh well. Surprises that make it SO much better than I am imagining are very welcome!!! :)
Post a Comment