I cleaned up my room yesterday morning. Not that it was like a disaster zone or anything, but for me it was a bit messy. And may I just say, that when my room is neat and organized and clean, I feel so much better about myself, about what I do, and it just inspires me to be a better person.
Wow. That's a lot to put on a clean room...
The color co-ordination in my room helps, too.
Here's a couple of pics of how my room is put together - I spent one summer decorating it, and for a while everywhere I went I'd seem to find something else that just matched perfectly!



There you see how my quilt (that my mom and I designed and made) matches the artwork on the wall! This room is SOOO me. Looking back now on the how and why I chose to do the things I did, I can't help but smile. It was so fun to paint and sew and decorate with my mom! We always love rearranging furniture and coming up with new ideas together, so my room ties in with a lot of good memories.

^Here's the corner I sit in a LOT. I read here, I blog from here ;), I sometimes fall asleep here (but that's not very comfortable)...you get the idea. I love this chair! And the rug...well, I eyed that one at Wal Mart for about a year before I finally just bought it because, well, can you imagine a rug that would go better?

Check out this desk that my brother helped me make! (okay, he really made it, but I claim all rights as designer and I did help! I did. I sanded, and who do you think applied the danish oil? Me. Yup. I made this desk. ;) (mostly I watched...but it was very interesting, and I learned a lot.) I love this desk! So happy to have it.

Just a couple more pictures. Above is the top of my dresser - I have two lamps like this. The other one just has a reverse of the colors. (purple shade, green base) I like to hang stuff on my lamps. Hey, it works! You can also see my collection of Fairy Tale novels in the back there...haha.

Here's my little treasure. I've always wanted a big trunk, to put stuff in and just be cool like that. Well, here's is my costume chest. I do not dare to open it, because if I do, I might never get those two tutus on top to go back in. Yes, this is completely stuffed with all the dance costumes I have accumulated over my 7-8 years of dance. :) I wonder if I'll be able to get this years costumes in there....

And what kind of room would it be if I didn't show my American Girl dolls? They hold a prominent place on the shelf above my closet. Yes, Kit and Sally have been my friends for years. They don't get to play much any more, but once in a great great while we still play dress up - usually to celebrate the change of seasons. :)
So..I was not intending to give ya a whole tour of my room when I started this post, but then I thought "Hey! Why not?" And it has made my day that much more interesting. Now I shall go back to my coloring book, possibly watch a movie, and procrastinate about choreographing the last section of the 5th grader's jazz dance. Sounds like a good day to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment