Yesterday I took my behind-the-wheel test...I actually didn't get super nervous. I was way more nervous a couple of days ago when I helped out with a day-camp called "Arts In with the Stars", and we were trying to teach 9 little kids how to sing, dance, act, pay attention, etc. WAY more nervous before that. Yesterday before my test, I was actually more giddy with excitement. Yes, as I sat on the bench waiting for the examiners to get there, I was laughing and joking with my mom as the 3 other testers sat nervously fidgeting. Haha, I am so cruel.
Okay, so the hardest part was probably sitting in my car, waiting for the guy to come out and start the test. Actually, I didn't know if I would have the guy or the lady giving my test, and they tested two people before me. I had to wait like, half an hour! But finally, the guy came over to my car and introduced himself and it went from there.
Oh, I should mention that basically the entire town is ripped up because they're fixing all the pipes, or something...this is the second summer. Anyway, Mom and I almost could find our way to the courthouse, because all the roads that normally lead to it were closed, dug up, or had massive vehicles shoving dirt around on them. Mom finally had me pull over, and she went and asked a construction worker how we could get to the courthouse, and then we had to go find this little alley, which was also all dirt, and that is how we could get in. whew.
So, my test went pretty smoothly, other than trying to get past some of the on-going construction. I was too far away from the curb on the hill park (which was really a weird situation - we don't have any hills in the town, but he had me do an up-hill park, when it was in fact slightly down-hill. I was a little confused by that, but I got the directions of the wheel correct :)) My parallel parking was so easy - I've never really had a problem with that part, and my 90-degree backing went sort-of smooth...the backing up part, anyway. I forgot to change the gear to drive before I went out, so that was a little embarrassing. The most amusing part was when he wanted me to take a left turn, but when we got to the corner, the road was closed, so he's like "keep going to the next corner". We get to the next corner - road closed. So, he says again "turn at the next corner...if you are able". HAHA. That road was available, so I turned. Then, at the final park, he's like "You did pass today", all like...he just said it, with no sound of feeling for the fact that the kid has probably been agonizing over what he's going to say just then, and he just says I passed in a non-ceremonious way...trust me, if I was a driver's test examiner, I would make that moment more dramatic. :D
So, I passed on my first try...keeping up with the regulations of my family (all 4 of my older sibling passed on the first try, too.) I applied for my license...almost failed the eye exam because my hair had fallen down and blocked the flashing lights to the side...that was funny. My face is really shiny in my picture (it was a bit warm in the car...I didn't feel like adjusting the air conditioning), and yeah. It was fun.
Now I can technically drive by myself...I have not tried this yet, but I hope to soon. Not sure mom really trusts me....hey! I'm a pretty good driver! Obviously the examiner thought I did all right at it...so, in my favorite words of achievement, WOOT WOOT!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment