Friday, August 13, 2010

It's been an interesting week...

Sorry I haven't posted in a while! It has been pretty busy around here. First of all, my sister had her baby so I have a new nephew!!! He's SO cute!!! (okay, I'll stop with the exclamation points now...maybe!:) His name is Edward Benedict, which is totally an awesome name. Actually, his older brother, 4-year-old Joseph, named him before he was born by saying the babies name was "Eddie", so that is what we are calling him! My personal name for him is EddieBennie, though. ;) Benedict is a personal favorite name of mine...maybe it has something to do with the fact that Fish, (one of my favorite characters from the Fairy Tale Novels by Regina Doman - they're on my list of favorite books...like, way up near the top) has the real name of Benedict, and I love how the one evil dude says it...anyway, I'm getting off track.

So, my sister and her three little boys have been at my house for...how long has it been? A week? I think it has...anyway, their little family is moving, so Heidi (that's my sister's name) is staying with us while Chad (that's her husband) packs up and moves everything that's left in the house. Wow, that sounds crazy. So, I've become the auntie who occasionally babysits, makes capes, and frog hunts. (that's best done it the rain with a huge cape, while capering about :D) And then there's Buzz Lightyear...Jofu (that's what we call Joseph) and Tommy (he's 2...) like to run around with their arms straight out shouting "Infinity and Beyond!!!" though it sounds more like "fn'ty n b'yond!". It's funny.

Very excited for next week, when, hopefully, my sister Trudi and I get our alone time, and then it's Gilmore Girls and Nutella on Crackers with Whipped Cream!!! :D We have been planning this...

I have now driven by myself 2 times! The first time on Tuesday, I drove to town (8 miles) and back, to empty the trash at my dad's office. Then, yesterday, (Thursday) I drove to the town in the opposite direction from us (13 miles), to practice organ at our church for Sunday. That was interesting, since I had to go a way that I'm not entirely used to, and then drive around the town for a while, searching for a street that was NOT ripped up to get to the church...which was impossible, since the church was surrounded by ripped up streets! I got there eventually, however, parked! and practiced for like, 45 minutes...not exactly pleased with my organ skills this week.

So now I'm waiting for Tommy (who is wandering around my room with his blanlet) to get tired enough to fall asleep...I should probably pay attention to him now, so I'll post some more later. Toodles!

No comments: