
After looking through every aisle and weighing some options, I discovered and approved of some very pretty woodsy-green fabric that I think will do the job of the dress quite nicely. It was on the $5/yard sale rack, so it was cheaper than most of the stuff at JoAnn's, although still a little spendy when you need 5 yards.
I already had some fake-leather-ish type of fabric at home that I wanted to use for the vest, so I didn't have to worry about that much. All I needed then was a bit of lace for the yoke at the neck. I decided an a dark purple lace that I though would complement the green, yet still be subtle and dark. This costume is to have very muted tones.
I was also planning another dress.

The dress I am planning is the blue & white one in the top right corner. Of course, I don't really want to copy that look, so I was just looking for a cool fabric that would look elegant - not really a specific color. Technically that makes shopping for fabric a lot easier :D.
The fabric I decided on is GORGEOUS! At least, I think so. It's a dark purple with embroidered gold flowers (there's a hint - no more than a hint - of pink in them, too!) Anyway, I am totally in love with this purple. For the big gauzy sleeves and the drape I got a pink chiffon. It's sort of a dusky pink - it goes really well!
I still need to find trims and zippers and such for both dresses (the store was closing), but I think I have made an excellent start! I can't wait to start sewing, but, since I don't have everything I need, I have to wait. Plus my mom wants me to help her with some other projects first. So, I guess I'll just have to be patient. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment