Um..Happy New Year!!!
At least, I think so. I'm SO excited about the year 2012!!! Why, you may ask? Well, a very, very short answer would be that my life is going to change in many ways this year. Now, to elaborate a tiny, tiny bit, here's a small list of ways things are going to change:
~I'm going to graduate from high school. Yeah, pretty big one, there.
~I'm going to go to college this fall. Yeah, HUGE change there.
That about sums it up, though to go to more detail, I could describe all the exciting little things that go with this, but then I wouldn't necessarily have anything to blog about all year, because I would already have told you, and we don't want that. :)
Although, it's pretty hard to contain my thrill about all these movies that come out in 2012 -
~ Beauty and the Beast 3D (Mom and I are TOTALLY taking this in)
~Mirror Mirror (looks intriguing...)
~Snow White and the Huntsman (also intriguing...)
~The Amazing Spiderman (been waiting for this!!!)
~The Dark Knight Rises (*screaming* *faints* *revives* *screams some more*)
~The Bourne Legacy (also been waiting for this for like forever!!!)
~Les Miserables (this looks SO amazing, one of my favorite stories, great cast, CAN'T WAIT!!!)
~The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (*literally dies from excitement* I think it's fitting that this movie is at the end of the year, meaning I will have it to look forward to all year...I"M SO HAPPY!!!) and the trailer is AWESOME!!! The Hobbit Trailer
Anyway...I've discovered some awesome music that I love - Hayley Westenra's music is beautiful, to say the least. I'm loving it!!! (Actually, my sister discovered her, but I'm willing to be a huge fan anyway :)
Also, I started reading "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte - read 100 pages last night. I'm super thrilled to be reading it!!! So far it has been simply fascinating. I really don't know the story at all, so I'm having fun being caught up in the mystery and suspense of it all.
And today I started reading "Great Expectations" by Charles Dickens. This book is for school work (moving on with the Classics, ya know), but I'm delighted to finally be reading this novel - I've long known it to be my sister's favorite book, so now I get to find out why!
Starting to get the itch to go back to dance class - we've had a 2-week break over the holidays. It will be so good to be dancing again on Monday!!! And on Tuesday I get to start learning my big senior solo dance that I've been looking forward to for forever!!! As well as starting to learn all of out other recital pieces next week...yikes. This year will certainly be a test for my memory...I'm going to be learning 9 dances in one studio, and 5 in the other, for a grand total of 14!!! And it's my senior year, so I have to be amazing, of course ;) I'm very excited (it's my favorite word today, what can I say?), and anticipate having a blast.
"Let us read, let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." ~Voltaire
1 comment:
I like the ending quote!
I also hope that your are finding enjoyment in reading my favorite book of all time! :)
Post a Comment