I hope everyone had a spectacular holiday. I know I did! I received the most amazing gifts from my family, we had a lovely, quiet day filled with yummy food (lefse!) and laughter, and I even got my cat, Bootsy, to wear a bell around her neck for a good portion of the day.
| Bootsy wasn't always entirely pleased with her new adornment... |
I went to 3 Christmas Masses - that's right, 3. On Christmas Eve, I played the organ (fantabulously, I might mention), and then I sang in the choir with my sister at Midnight Mass. It was so fun! Wasn't super thrilled about getting up for 9AM Mass on Christmas morning, though - not much sleep that night!!! But it was totally worth it all, especially in light of that fact that it was/is Jesus' birthday, and that was seriously the best gift I could think of to give Him.
Moving on to more superficially trivial subjects...I was in love with my outfit on Christmas Eve...
And I mentioned that I had some awesome presents. Ahhhh...yes, precious, I did.
Most thought provoking? A splendid Rick Steves backpack, plus a smaller backpack, plus other accessories. I was SO not expecting anything that amazing this year, and I'm afraid my squeals of delight were less than delightful for those who weren't delighted at my delight. Whew, say that 10 times fast! More about the thoughts that this gift provoked in another perusal, I think...
One I screamed the loudest about? (And I'm pretty sure there was a happy dance...) - Jane Eyre!!! the newer movie. I.am.in.LOVE!!! Yeah, I watched it on Monday, whilst eating the dark chocolate Lindor truffles that Santa brought me...*deep, blissful sigh *
Of course I loved all of my presents, but those were the two that really stuck out as super-duperly awesome in a very big way...oh, and I've been wearing my fuzzy slippers like, CONSTANTLY...
Now I'm trying to prepare my mind for my siblings and family to come home (tomorrow!) and stay for New Years. I"M SO EXCITED!!! I love New Years...it's the one time of year that I can sometimes convince people to play games with me...and I love playing games! I've taken to playing Solitaire with our Christmas-y deck of cards lately, much to my family's annoyance. They don't get it, and I don't get why they don't get it, but whatever. It makes me happy!


1 comment:
Is it weird that I'm commenting just to tell you that I think it's wonderful that you have Freckles in your "favorite books" list? :p Well....I THINK IT'S WONDERFUL THAT YOU LOVE FRECKLES! Nobody likes him/has heard of him/cares about him (that I've talked to)....poor boy.
Merry Christmas! Oh, and Lindor chocolates + Jane Eyre? PERFECTION.
- Victoria
(http://raindropsandmoonlight.blogspot.com)
Post a Comment