Sunday, November 6, 2011

Entering into a whole new world of Crazy!

Sooo...I've decided to join a drawing/art challenge for November...I'm starting a few days late, but I guess that's okay :) I'm supposed to do a drawing each day (or a different form of art project...we'll see what happens) and then blog about it! There's are specific things I'm supposed to draw, too, which will make this very interesting.

I've never really worked on my drawing abilities hard-core...they are...not the greatest. But, since I don't really have huge aspirations to become amazing at it (I've accepted that I'm just not going to get amazing at it) I think it's kind of fun to see what I can do. So here it is -

Day 1: Yourself. 

Yikes. Couldn't start off with something a tiny bit easier, could we now? I can't draw any person convincingly, but myself???  So here's my imitation of a picture of myself - the eyes are bugging me, and I'm not entirely sure what the other thing(s) are that are just...strange. But, I was actually pretty well pleased with this, in spite of the fact that I really don't think it looks like me at all...except maybe the hair - I like drawing hair :)


I also took it into my head to complete Day 2 right away - 'Favorite Animal'. Cats - of all kinds, shapes, and sizes, are my absolute favorite animal. I love tigers, leopards, panthers, house cats, and kittens. Never been able to draw one very realistically, though... Here's my attempt - I thought it rather comical:


So, hopefully I'll have more for ya soon!









No comments: