I think its about time that I admit to myself and everyone else that I'm not going to get any further on the whole Drawing Challenge, so this is me respectfully withdrawing (ha, pun!) from that obligation. So sorry!
But when you feel sad, you can always go back and look at my chocolate elf and imagine the possibilities for yourself. :)
SO, how was your Thanksgiving day??? I had a splendid little ol' grand time. I played the organ for Mass in the morning and, thankfully, it went really well!!! The timing was rather inspired at times - for example: I played my recital piece with a quiet flute sound for the prelude - it took 10 minutes, I think - and I was a little nervous that I wouldn't be done in time so I would have to cut it short, or that I would be done too soon and I'd have to repeat part of it, etc. Ah, the worries of every organist (at least, I hope I'm not the only silly one that freaks out about these things). However, yesterday, it worked out PERFECTLY! As Father was coming out and the servers were lining up, I was comfortably arriving at the last progression of chords, and even had time to hold the last note for a dramatic emphasis. Ah, yes, lovely. :)
Of course this was followed by me having the entire organ go blank while in the middle of the opening hymn...small issues, really...
Anyway...where was I? Oh, so the rest of the day was really quiet and restful, we ate lots of delicious food including the best dressing ever, also the most amazing mashed potatoes I think I have ever tasted, and of course LEFSE!!! We had to wait until about 4 hours later to have the pumpkin pie :) But it was worth it...
Moving on - my choreography that I was stressing about? Got it done! Well, it could use a bit of polishing and I still need to actually learn it, but overall I'm quite pleased with the result, and I think the other kids are liking it, too. Win!!! I need to remember not to panic about things, because, if you look back over the past year, everything I have panicked about has come to a satisfactory if not excellent ending...this could mean one of two things - either panicking really works for me and I should do it more often to the danger of my mental sanity, or I should never panic because it always works out and it's just not worth it. Yup, thinking I should go with the latter, how about you?
So, new 'Thanksgiving' resolution: No panicking or super-stressing about anything, since it will all work out for the best. Or the worst. Whichever. Panicking ain't gonna help, no matter what. You just have to grin and bear it. Grin, and bear it! (yeah, I watched Ella Enchanted last night - quoting it before the actors lots of times...it was quite fun) :D
No comments:
Post a Comment