Tuesday, November 15, 2011

a VERY late day 3, among other Ramblings

Favorite Food.

I drew this picture about a week ago - I just haven't taken the time to put it up! I'm kinda failing at this challenge thing...oh well. I had fun drawing this one...





Not the best quality of picture, but there ya go. Yeah, I got a little tired of drawing chocolate chips and decided to add a Chocolate Elf, but ya know, the rules aren't super strict...either that or I am having a great time bending them to my satisfaction :)

I have a confession to make - I'm still reading 'Don Quixote'. STILL! It's been way over a month. Yikes! Am I sick of it? Absolutely. Am I enjoying it? Well, sort of.  It is quite amusing.

You know the sad thing? My Mom has decided that I should have fewer books on my list. Apparently I'm not a great enough reader for me to take so much time on books...So my list has been narrowed down to the following:

~Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.
~Middlemarch by George Eliot.
~The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.

Kinda sad, isn't it? Of course, if I get those done, I can read more off the bigger list, such as 'A Portrait of a Lady' or 'Brother Karamazov' and such. But we'll see.

Meanwhile, I'm feeling a bit of a sense of relief - it's not natural for me to spend 2+ hours of my morning reading a huge book - I'm a bit more of a project type of girl, so this is actually really good. Now, hopefully, I'll have more time for practicing my music (since currently that's what I want to major in when I go to college...), art (because that has not been happening), sewing (that hasn't been happening either), reading recreational books (such as 'Anne of Green Gables' and 'The Three Musketeers', etc.) and other happening that may occur. This is good. :)

I have to choreograph a dance number for our Christmas show - and it must be done by Saturday!!! Yikes!!! But it will be good. Of course ;). I'm off to watch some videos for grand ideas that I can pass off as my own :D 























2 comments:

Victoria said...

You really should read Middlemarch when you're done with Don Quixote. Cause Middlemarch is awesome.

I've never gotten around to Don Quixote...it seems very intimidating. So kudos to you for reading it! :)

- Victoria (http://raindropsandmoonlight.blogspot.com)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.