Monday, October 31, 2011

Dancin' all Weekend

This weekend I went to a dance camp (sort of thing) - there were all these really cool teachers from far away - they were super professional - and we took classes all day on Saturday, and a few more on Sunday - there were classes on Friday, too, but I didn't get to go to those.

First class - Hip hop. Now, I am NOT a good hip hop dancer, I will have you know, but I had fun learning some new moves and attempting it anyway :)

Second class - Jazz. I take jazz classes every week, so this wasn't too new, but we learned a really fun dance, and it was very different from any style of jazz I'd really done before.

Third class - Tap. We had tap twice on Saturday - killer class! It was so fast and difficult - but I still remember the entire dance we learned and plan to Get.It.Down. because I couldn't do it fast with the music... Tap was probably my favorite class, though. Even if the teacher did tell me I needed to loosen up and come out of my 'shell'. I'm telling myself that meant he thought I was good dancer and needed to show it with confidence. It was still embarrassing because he said that in front of the entire class! Grrr...

Fourth class - Ballet. Wow, doing plies after all the other crazy stuff was so peaceful and reassuring for me. I finally felt like I knew what I was doing :) And we learned lots of new steps and leaps and turns, and it just felt good. I love ballet!!! 

Probably the highlight of my weekend, though, was getting to Mass 10 minutes after our last class on Saturday. We got out at 5:15 and Mass started at 5:30, so we changed in the car and rushed over there. Luckily, the church was like..3 minutes away, so we even got there 5 minutes early! It was such a pretty little church - all wood paneled and with lovely stained-glass windows, and statuesque stations on the walls...it was beautiful. It was also fun, because my friend and her mom came with me even though they aren't Catholic, and I was trying to help them to know what was going on and such - it was cute :)

Now I'm home, and I realize that it is time to get ready for my brother's wedding this weekend! Ahhh!!! I'm SO excited for him and his bride-to-be! I still have to get a present ready, and figure out exactly what I'm going to wear, and such. Plus continue being amazing at my school work. (insert an eye-roll there ;) Yay!!!




No comments: