Well, I haven't stuck the whole 'Sunday Blogging' schedule like...at ALL, so I thought I'd drop a random Thursday post. I have to leave in an hour for dance class, so we'll keep it short ;)
An update on the 'Classics' journey - I finished "The Confessions of St. Augustine". Great book! No, I didn't always understand everything he was talking about, but then, when do I ever understand everything that's happening in a book? So that's an unimportant item of information. Yesterday morning I read "Beowulf" - it took me exactly 1/2 an hour and I was thrilled the entire time! I loved the language and the story and the pictures...maybe I didn't read the best translation or anything, but I sure enjoyed it!
Now I have moved on to Dante's "The Divine Comedy". This I am also LOVING!!! Well I'm stuck in the 'Inferno' right now (NOT the pleasantest place to be, but amusing/interesting/shocking nonetheless) I am enjoying this classic immensely! Everything about it, from Longfellow's beautiful translation, to the epic illustrations, to the lovely cover of deep red and shiny gold, to the actual story itself! I was excited to get to this book, and so far it has exceeded my expectations :)
Isn't it beautiful?!?!?
SO, autumn is officially here - it froze last night! I kept my window open anyway - I do so love how the air smells/feels/etc in the fall! But it did get a bit chilly...
I'm very excited about fall being here. I try to convince myself that summer is my favorite season all I want, but there is something about autumn that brings out a vibrant side of me...I love the fashions, colors, smells, foods, drinks, (still want some hot apple cider with cinnamon!),...just everything! So I guess I'm not feeling too sad about summer being over. Ah, much to the contrary, my friend! I've been thinking about Halloween and Thanksgiving, and even Christmas and New Years! So yeah, I'm pretty happy right now :)

No comments:
Post a Comment