Sunday, January 23, 2011

Why I don't review books

I have tried. I think...I have started. I write one paragraph and then the project overwhelms me and I delete my progress, putting an abrupt end to all attempts. I guess I just never feel like anyone would want to know what I have to say about a book. Maybe this comes from being the youngest of 5 egotistical readers who love to tell me their own opinions, thus I'm never sure what my own opinions are. I don't mean that I conform to my siblings opinions all the time- -no no. Lets just say that I am so influenced that I never am sure, when I DO form an opinion, if the reason was my own or my sisters. I don't know if I'll ever be able to think for myself. I should probably try it more often, just to practice so that someday I can really and truly think for myself, without hearing voices of people in my head..it gets creepy having people in your head, believe me!

Anyway. Books. I love them. I have discovered an intense hunger to read multiple classics and such. What I miss now is being free to do so without neglecting all my other duties. Ahhh for April to get here! I'm supposed to be choreographing today. Grr. Didn't I say a couple of times already that I was going to just go and get it over with? Well, here I am, writing another blog post, and still. No choreography done. I. Am. So. Lame. Ha.Ha.

I like history. I like fancy dresses. I like long hair. (I wish my hair was long. It was. It would be. It will be again. This summer I just HAD to find out what I looked like with short hair, what I could do with it, etc. Yeah. Well, I found out, and it is definitely not my best look nor is it my favorite thing to do to myself. I miss my long flowing curls..especially since 2 weeks after my hair cut I got all obsessed with medieval dresses and historical looks. Yup. I made a dress, and when I wore it, it looked like someone else should be wearing it who had better hair! It was depressing. But it is growing now, so end of point.)

To continue= I like flutes. Or flute-like instruments. I play a recorder..sortof. I'm not very good at it. I always wanted to play flute, but I've sort of given up that dream. I play piano instead :D
I like singing. I like dancing. I like acting. Don't get to a whole lot. :(
I like sleeping. Wait, I take that back. I hate sleeping. Wait, I take that back to. It's a hate/love relationship. You can't do things while you are sleeping, and you can't sleep if you are doing things. Grrr this is frustrating me so lets move on.

I like reading. I like writing. I like thinking. Sortof. Wait, no. I do not like thinking. Well, I like thinking sometimes. There. Lets go with that.

I should probably stop doing this post. I'm finding it depressing. Maybe next time we'll discuss my past dreams and where I went with them. Hahahaha this is going to be funny!!!

3 comments:

Ivy said...

You're on the FTN forum, correct? What's your name on there? Geez, from reading your blog I get the impression that we are kindred spirits! :D What kind of dance do you do? Wow...choreographing for 83 kids...I do not envy you. ;)

Grace said...

I'm Cordelia on the forum. haha I do a lot of different styles of dance- jazz, tap, ballet (Cecchetti), pointe, character, irish...a tiny bit of modern.. :) Yaya a kindred spirit! I love finding those!!! :D Do you know, I got that same reaction reading your blog! :) :) :)

Ivy said...

Sweet...I will send you a PM! Ohhh, I'm jealous that you do Irish! There are no classes around here...lame. I do ballet, pointe, modern, and a little jazz. And that is AWESOME that you had the same reaction from my blog. :D