Friday, March 16, 2012

The Case of the Missing Cat

So, I had this adventure yesterday.

It was just a normal Thursday morning, I was chillin' with my sister before she went to work, and she was just getting ready to leave when I realized that I had not seen my cat, Bootsy, all morning. Which is highly unusual, since she usually parades about the house, investigating everything to see that it has not altered in the least bit during the night.

Nothing to be too alarmed about, she's probably just hiding out or sleeping somewhere. At 9:30 in the morning....right. She shouldn't be sleeping yet. So I went through the entire house at least twice, looking for the precious kitty, and could NOT find her anywhere!!!

By now I had realized that she must have gotten outside somehow, but I wasn't ready to admit to that possibility yet. So I waited for my mom to come home from daily Mass to see what she might know. Well, Mom returned, and she didn't know where Bootsy could be - in fact, she hadn't seen her since a couple of friends had been over the evening before. Neither of us had fed her because we thought the other had taken care of the cat, and she hadn't 'reminded' either of us, so it went unnoticed until the morning.

Next Mom called Dad at work, to see if he knew anything about it, and he suggested the fact that the door had been accidentally left open for a few minutes the night before. Now it was quite obvious that Bootsy was outside, and also, that she had been out all night!!! The poor kitty....

After this Mom and I went outside, and almost immediately we both heard this quiet little 'meow', and found the unhappy cat hiding underneath the front porch. She came out right away, visibly shaken from her nighttime ordeal, but otherwise unharmed. I picked her up and cuddled her, we took her inside, and fed her (she was fiercely hungry by now), and she took the rest of the day to rest and recover her ruffled nerves.

So that was my adventure!


"She had not known the weight until she felt the freedom." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter

"People are just as happy as they make their minds up to be." ~Abraham Lincoln

No comments: