Wednesday, December 29, 2010

La la LA la LALALA

Music is my life.

I don't mean that I spend all my time studiously perfecting my abilities to sing or play the piano, (though I probably should do more of that). Nor is it the only thing I do or care about. Quite the contrary. I have some extremely diverse interests...more on that some other time.

What I mean is, that I can't go through a single day with out music. Well, I don't know this for certain - I haven't tried. You want to know why? I don't think I could do it.

I guess I can thank my family for my appreciation of music. All of my siblings are very into music, and, being the youngest, I of course carried on with that tradition. I listen to a bunch of different styles of music, I perform music, and play music, and write music...well, one song so far, and I couldn't write down the actual melody very well...but I was proud of the lyrics!

So, back the the music obsession. Ever heard the phrase "Life is a musical"? I have. And it's true. In my life, anyway. Just walking around in my house, someone is sure to break into some random song that happens to be stuck in their head, or what fits the mood, or whatever. I do it all the time.

I don't like studying without music. My mom loves silence. I personally don't know what that's like. Sad, huh? But whenever I could potentially be having a quiet moment, I turn on some tunes. When I'm concentrating on something, its usually quiet stuff, like movie soundtracks from the Lord of the Rings and that type, but there's still a melody in the air.

Chocolate and music together = joy, bliss, happiness..the list goes on for a distance.

Performing music is really fun, though I find it hard to open up in front of people and let it all out. I don't naturally have a very loud sound, (mom calls me a mouse) so getting the confidence to produce volume is probably the hardest thing for me to do. I hope to someday conquer this fear and do something amazing...but that's not likely to happen. .. or is it?

I don't listen to music when I'm sleeping. Maybe this flaws my claim to music obsession...I don't know. I hate making a noise that will possibly annoy other people, so having music on in my room is not an option when there are other people in the house who are trying to sleep. I used to try listening to my iPod, but earbuds and pillows are not a comfortable combination, and frankly, I got a head ache. So sleepy-time is my only time of silence. I think this is probably healthy. :D

No comments: