
I'm really proud of his eyes - you can't see it very well in this picture, but - they were just a plain blue, and Santa's eyes are supposed to sparkle, right? So, I saw this one bottle of silver glitter paint in the big box of paint, and I thought, maybe this'll work! So I put a little drop of silver sparkle on his eyes, and it gave the whole thing a new depth or dimension or whatever you want to call it. (Personally I say it gave him personality.) Anyway, I hung him on the tree yesterday.
When My mom and I had gone shopping on Saturday for Christmas presents, we had purchased a quantity of cheap curling ribbon, for decorating gifts. My sister and I had a bit of fun decorating almost all of the presents with the random colors - it's really fun to wrap on color around the box, and then add at least 2 different colors to the curly mass on top. (example - wrapping paper color: blue & white & silver. Main ribbon color choice: dark blue. Different colors on top: white, silver, and light blue. This present is Really pretty!)
This morning I saw my cat, Bootsy, sneaking up the stairs. We keep a squirt bottle full of water handy in case she decides to try to get some ornaments off the tree, so I no longer worry to much about her bothering the tree. (She's learned that lesson, trust me!) Anyway, this morning I watched her as she silently crept up to the tree, investigated some presents (as if expecting them to suddenly attack her and steal her whiskers), and then she carefully stepped over them and slithered around the base of the tree (which is real, by the way - smells SO good!) and sat there. I thought I knew what was coming. It happens every year, and I find it completely hilarious. She was drinking the water from the tree stand!!! Oh, Bootsy, you never cease to amuse us! Apparently she thinks the tree is just a new invention so she can have more than one place of refreshment. Oh well. It does no harm. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment