Sunday, September 7, 2014

Saturday Adventures

Last Saturday I went for a 4-mile walk with friends around a nearby lake in the morning and explored a cave that same afternoon.

Yesterday I went running in the morning, hiked up a steep hill to see a magnificent view, and later walked up into the bluffs to enjoy a bonfire.

Apparently Saturday is my day for relaxing time spent outside, with friends, doing spontaneous activities.

I actually remembered to take my camera along yesterday, though, and got some shots of the beauty that is this area. Sharing is fun :)

The hike up had some rough terrain - this picture looks relatively tame compared to some of the spots we had to navigate.
I definitely used some muscles that don't get every-day use, let's just say. 

The view on the way up was already making the climb worth it. So much green!

There's a picture of the lake I walked around last weekend! It didn't seem that big when we were walking, but from above it looks pretty huge. 

Sitting on the ledge, taking in the view. 

My friend decided to try out her skills as a rock-climber. She didn't go very far, but I didn't feel compelled to follow her example. I'm not that daring!  
This guy, though, had all the right equipment and was having a good ol' time. I snuck a picture because I thought it was cool. 

Some really neat rocks and formations on this hill. 

Sunshine is always beautiful :)


So that was my afternoon yesterday. I didn't accomplish any homework yesterday, which is causing me some nerves today, but it was such a glorious day. I have decided that Saturday's can be my day of rest, since Sunday's I always sing choir for church and accompany, and then tons of homework has to happen so it's actually not a restful day. 

It's not always easy to take a break, but I think it's the responsible thing to do. 

And you get to see some pretty things when you take the time to look :) 


"Why not seize the pleasure at once? -- How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation!" ~Jane Austen, Emma 




No comments: