Honestly, I'm pleased with how it turned out. I love the simplicity of the white fabric with little pink flowers. Simple but beautiful.
Of course, I had to elaborate a bit with some trims and colored buttons, but it still maintains it's air of innocent elegance.
Okay, okay - pictures!
My apologies that the lighting isn't better - I'm a sewer, not a photographer! Although photography is a skill I would like to advance...someday ;)
For now, I'm satisfied with these:
![]() |
| View of dress from the front. |
![]() |
| View of dress from the side/back. |
| Closer view of back detailing. |
In other news, although from the outside my life may seem very peaceful and perhaps a bit boring, I have been finding multiple reasons to be delighted lately.
First reason: summer reading!
Maybe I mentioned in an earlier post that I was trying to read the entire "Harry Potter" series this summer...maybe I didn't, but there you are! Well, I met my goal last week after days of reading and being mentally in Harry Potter land all the time, I set down the 7th book with a sigh of happiness. Not only was it an excellent read, but I was so relieved that everything was resolved and the stress and drama was over! And, as much as I enjoyed the journey, it's now been fun to get to read other things!
~"Rapunzel Let Down" by Regina Doman. I've been wanting to read this book ever since I heard it was being written, and I finally got to! I think it took me less than a day, I was so engrossed. Amazing, amazing book. I loved it!
~"Stealing The Preacher" by Karen Witemeyer. I've read a couple of her other books and loved them, so it was with great anticipation I devoured this book the other day! Oh, so delightful. Lots of amusement (made me laugh SO many times!) and such a charming story.
I'm between books at the moment, but I have a pile of possibilities waiting for me :)
Second reason I've been delighted:
Shopping!
Mom took me shopping yesterday. We had a lovely day! She took me into her favorite thrift stores, where I found a lovely dress that I hope to alter, and a really neat silk skirt made in India that I just couldn't resist. Then we went to the Mall and browsed the shops. The truly thrilling experience of the day, however, was going into Claire's and getting my ears pierced for the first time! I was technically allowed to get it done once I turned 18, but it never seemed right. So here I am with two little sparkly jewels in my ears, and I'm happy :)
The day wouldn't have been complete without food, of course. We had lunch at this cute little cafe - it had a very relaxed atmosphere, and I wouldn't mind going back again. Really yummy sandwich!
Then we got Qdoba for the whole family. I love their lime chips! haha
Well, now I've rambled on for a long time about things that don't really matter to you, but which I felt like saying anyway. I hope your summer has been as delightful as mine!
"Why was it that thoughts and plans always made more sense when confined to one's ming than when they exited one's mouth?"~Karen Witemeyer, Stealing The Preacher


No comments:
Post a Comment