This summer I had the goal of making three fabulous Jane Austen-style dresses for my and my friends, and yesterday I put the final stitches in dress #3!
In other words, I am immensely proud of myself and my accomplishments.
Pictures? I think yes.
Okay, before you look, allow me to apologize for the wrinkles. I forgot to steam it beforehand, and then afterwards I decided I loved how my cat was in most of the pictures looking all cute, so those are the pictures you'll be seeing. I will steam it before wearing, however!
![]() |
| Front view. |
![]() |
| Back view. |
![]() |
| Closer view of back. Note the trim - lots of poky pins, let me tell you! |
| Closer front view. Again, the trim turned out nicely, I think, and also the sleeves. |
![]() |
| Transparent kitty :) And angled view of dress profile. |
Now I'm thrilled to have this project over with so I can move on to other projects before my summer is over. It's a little overwhelming to think that I go back to school in a little over a month! But I won't think about that now. Too much to do!
"You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing, and dance, and write poems, and suffer, and understand, for all that is life." ~Jiddu Krishnamurti




No comments:
Post a Comment