Monday, July 23, 2012

"Why, this is very Midsummer Madness!"

My warmest salutations, dear friends!!!


So sorry for the silent treatment, believe me, it was not unkindly meant. 


I've simply been extremely busy.


Being a man.


Ha! 


Seriously, though, 'Twelfth Night' has taken over my life. I've gotten so deep into it, that I've started zoning out at random moments (much to my family's concern). 


What is this 'zoning' I speak of? 


Well, from my side, it's like I'm looking at the stage in the 3rd person, viewing myself and whoever else is on stage, and analyzing my movement/actions/speech while I review the lines and blocking in my scenes. It's quite amazing, really, and I've been figuring out a lot of ways to better my role as Viola/Cesario. 


From my family's side it looks like I've become completely frozen and can't stop staring at that minuscule knothole on the table-top, while my spaghetti gets cold and they've all moved on to dessert...


Yes, they are concerned. 


But me? I'm having the time of my life, and I am SO EXCITED that this is SHOW WEEK!!! 


Yeah, that's right - Friday night we have our first performance! Which means that there's rehearsal tonight, dress rehearsals tomorrow and Thursday, and a bunch of family coming this weekend in to see my new persona as a female man. (that did NOT sound right...) 


But, just to show you what a mean - 

We tried on our costumes on Friday - this is about as 'manly' as I get, folks. ;)

Me and my 'twin' are quite convincing, are we not?


Yes, we are having a blast. And in between, I've been thinking about college - Yessir, I ordered my textbooks today! And what do you think? I get to read "The Hobbit" for one of my classes!!! I love my life...

Some other books that have me quite delighted - "Hamlet" (script analysis), Perelandra by C.S. Lewis, and that math textbook looks quite tempting...ha! But seriously, I am thrilled about music theory and all theater classes, not to mention the dance classes!

But right now, I need to focus, and be the man I need to be. ;)


~*~

By innocence, I swear, and by my youth,
I have one heart, one bosom, and one truth,
And that no woman has, nor never none
Shall mistress be of it save I alone.

~*~

Well, God give them wisdom that have it; and those that are fools, let them use their talents. 

~*~

He is very well-favoured and he speaks very shrewishly; one would think his mother's milk were scarce out of him. 

~*~

~~~Quotes from 'Twelfth Night' by William Shakespeare.



No comments: