"I am the man : if it be so, as 'tis,
Poor lady, she were better love a dream.
Disguise, I see thou art a wickedness..."
It's nearing the middle of July, and I am deep into Shakespeare's 'Twelfth Night'. I've been so occupied with figuring out a way to lower my voice to disguise it as a 'man', learning how guys walk (it's incredibly different!), and experimenting with my newly-found sword fighting 'skills'. Ha! I have all my lines memorized (as of yesterday...although I still need to work on them to be consistent. But they are in my mind somewhere!!!), and we almost have the whole play blocked, so that's pretty exciting.
The whole library room in our house has been taken over with medieval-ish costumes. I helped Mom (she's the costumer, just for clarification) re-design a simple black dress into an elaborate renaissance mourning dress. We made princess seams, added sleeves, constructed an overskirt, and decorated with trims. Okay, Mom did most of the work, but I claim concept design recognition. ;)
"I'll serve this duke :
Thou shalt present me as a page to hime :
It may be worth thy pains ; for I can sing
And speak to him in many sorts of music
That will allow me very worth his service."
In between memorizing lines and what-not, I've been making lists in preparation for college, attempting to design a quilt for my dorm room (speaking of which, I finally got my roommate assignment! So excited) and trying not to freak out.
When I have more relaxing days, I read books. I've fallen in love with my Kindle again, and my sister has been borrowing my awesome books, such as "Easter Carats" and "Identical Differences" by Erynn Mangum, (These both were super cute and enjoyable!) "Heiress" by Susan May Warren (I just read this one yesterday...lets just say I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it was intense, which means I couldn't put it down. I think that's a good thing...) and now I'm reading "The Messenger" by Siri Mitchell (I haven't gotten very far yet, but that's because I decided to sleep last night, and I have rules about getting sucked into a story in the morning...).
But I intend to enjoy it. :)
Oooh, did I mention I got a new computer? It's fun. This is officially my first blog post from the MacBook :) I'm loving it!!!
I went to see "The Amazing Spiderman" last friday, and it was - you guessed it - AMAZING!!! I loved it a lot :) :) :) Plus it's always fun to go to the movie theater. So, win-win.
"Olivia:
Are you a comedian?
Viola:
No, my profound heart : and yet, by the very fangs of
malice I swear, I am not that I play. Are you the lady of the house?
Olivia:
If I do not usurp myself, I am.
Viola:
Most certain, if you are she, you do usurp yourself; for
what is yours to bestow is not yours to reserve.
1 comment:
I'm glad you've been enjoying the books I've borrowed to you. Just ask anytime for more. :)
Post a Comment