Hello! I've been gone a while, I know - but I have good reasons! At least, I think they're good reasons...
First, as you know, I had been preparing like crazy for my graduation party, which took place on Saturday, June 2nd. I know, I know, that's a really long time from now already.
How did that happen!??!!
Yikes. It's been...crazy. :)
On May 31st and June 1st, I had my first two dance recital performances. This was the town where I had only 5 dances, so it wasn't my big 'solo' recital, but it was really fun and I love those dances and the girls I danced with dearly!
Then there was the party. I was blessed with the most beautiful day I could have imagined for my party, and lots of people came, and everything was a huge success! It was a wonderful day. :)
Now I need to write thank-you notes...
We relaxed on the 3rd, somewhat.
Monday, the 4th, we were up very early and I had rehearsals all day long to practice the 9 dances I was in for my senior dance recital. I had performances Monday and Tuesday night, and I'm not sure how my legs didn't fall off, they were so tired! But everything went really well, and I'm going to miss all of my dance teachers, fellow students, and my dance studio a LOT next year.
On Wednesday, the 5th, my mom and I drove the 6 hours to my chosen college, stayed the night in a dorm, and on Thursday I had my Orientation! (I call it disorientation...) It was actually a really fun day - I met lots of people, signed up for some very exciting classes (such as Script Analysis, Theater Crafts, Ballet, Math... just to mention a few), and, even though I had my doubts, became somewhat 'oriented'. :) I also found out that, since I'll be in the choir, I get to move on to campus a couple of days early because the choir is going to perform the first day of school. Whoohoo!!!
On Friday, the 8th, I went to the annual barn dance that some friends of ours host - I got all into it this year and wore a paper-ish cowgirl hat that I had found on sale in Target one day - it was bright blue, purple, and white, and yeah. Kinda weird. But it was really fun!
Then on Saturday (yes, you are getting like...a week and a half's play-by-play. Get over it.) I played piano for another wedding - this one was a lot more fun, not going to lie - there weren't any stressful solos other than the psalm.
Then I woke up on Sunday with a feeling of immense FREEDOM!!! I have no more really scary obligations for the rest of the summer that are going to completely terrify and stress me out! I'm done! And I'm loving it!!! The only things I have to worry about a bit is that I still play organ sometimes for Mass. Otherwise, I'm ready to embrace Summer and have FUN!
The fun has already begun - we had our first rehearsal of 'Twelfth Night' on Tuesday!!! It was just a read-thru, but I am SO EXCITED!!! You'll be hearing about it lots more in the days of summer to come, I'm sure.
"Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them. " ~William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
"If music be the food of love, play on!" ~William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night
No comments:
Post a Comment