Friday, February 10, 2012

'Ne'er believe it could be so...'

Ahh, the bliss of the theater...

Tonight is the dress rehearsal for a little Valentine's show that I am a part of. It's a really easy show - singers are invited, they get to pick out their music, there are three musicians; piano, guitar, and drums, and there are 2 rehearsals; 1 to practice the songs with the musicians and set how they're going to come on and off, etc. and then the dress rehearsal, to figure out if your outfit works!!! (And just run the thing in order so we all sort of know what's going on.) And then tomorrow we have our Performance, and we give the audience chocolate at intermission.  It's a very complicated show, as you can see. ;)

I am singing two songs this year; one is a popular song by Colbie Cailat -- "Falling For You", and I'm going to wear this cute little dress that I had purchased for the Christmas show - I'm tweaking the look a bit, of course, so it won't look exactly the same, but, as I told my mother, at least I'm actually consenting to wear the same dress twice!!! (I have sort of a thing about wearing the same look twice...I mix & match a lot in my wardrobe so as to avoid looking the same way ever, so this is rare. Be impressed.)

My second song is one that I've been working on for college auditions. It's sung in Italian, titled "Se Tu M'ami". I'm wearing that blue & gold dress that I remodeled (see earlier post here ), and acting it out very flirtatiously. :) I required much coaching to be flirty, so hopefully I do alright and don't just look funny....but that wouldn't be like me, now, would it? Ha!

I've been sort of putting off thinking about this show, and have been so distracted with college scholarship applications and music and dance and blah-blah-blah, that today I've finally realized that the Valentine's show should really be very fun for me, and now I'm looking forward to it with ecstatic expectations! Bring on the chocolate!!!

"What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of chocolate." ~Katherine Hepburn
 
"I am the maker of music, the dreamer of dreams!" ~Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory




No comments: