Yesterday was a beautiful day. After a huge thunderstorm (in some areas close by there were actually tornado warnings, but thankfully we were not in danger) the air was clean and the sun was shining in the clear blue sky. Yes, it was probably over 90 degrees during the afternoon, but after being cooped up in an overly air-conditioned office for the majority of the summer, I was pretty excited to enjoy my day off by exploring some sunshine!
So when my boyfriend texted me wishing me a happy 9-months-of-dating and asked if I'd like to go on a walk around the big lake, I was delighted to say yes!
We set out later in the afternoon, so it was probably about 5pm before we actually started walking. Still pretty hot, though! We brought bottles of water to make sure we didn't get dehydrated.
I was also armed with my camera.
 |
| Nothing like starting off the adventure with a selfie! |
 |
| The lake was splendidly beautiful with the bluffs in the background. |
 |
| We love to be silly every once in the while, and the sun was being so photogenic... ;) |
 |
| Look at that water! |
 |
| Most of the path around the lake is sheltered by trees, so we enjoyed the shade. |
 |
| So many ducks! This little family was especially cute. |
 |
| I absolutely LOVE weeping willow trees, and the breeze was doing wonderful things with this one. |
 |
| "The road goes ever on and on...." |
We had a splendid, leisurely time - walking along chatting and holding hands while avoiding being trampled by the motivated cyclists that would whiz past periodically. Afterwards we enjoyed a lovely dinner and ended the evening by watching 'How To Train Your Dragon 2' - one I've been intending to see for quite a while. It was super cute!
"Some of us were just born different." ~Valka, from "How To Train Your Dragon 2
No comments:
Post a Comment