I'm a little out of practice at blogging, so forgive me if this comes across as a bit cheesy. I often tell people I don't really plan these posts - I just write what's on my mind.
And right now the new year, 2015, is on my mind. 2015 and all it's promise and delightful mysteries that I look forward to unraveling.
While I have expectations of certain things this new year will hold, ultimately it's impossible to know exactly what will happen and I find that both intriguing and slightly scary. Here I am, halfway through my junior year at college, starting to wonder about what I'll do with the rest of my life and not knowing what my plan is.
But that's okay. I usually don't have a plan - I prefer to let God write my story. And so far he has done an excellent job of that, so I see no reason to try and take over now. Oh, of course I'll make some plans, but I usually don't get too attached to my ideas - I know my plans will never measure up to what He might have in mind for me, and I'd rather not miss the opportunities if I'm too focused on what I think is a good plan.
Usually.
That's doesn't mean I don't still make tons of lists and attempts to invent a plan for myself. Making lists is one of my favorite activities, you know!
Which is why it was so fun to form goals for the new year. Listing reasons to motivate me to better myself and my lifestyle so as to be healthier and happier in the long run. Here are some that I am most looking forward to implementing:
Spiritual:
~Reading "Magnificat" to maintain daily prayer time.
~Attending daily Mass at least three times a week throughout the school year.
Intellectual:
~Staying motivated in studies - as in, do the required reading on time and accomplish tasks without having to pull all-nighters.
~Diligently practice piano (since I'm a performance major now, I must stay focused!)
Physical:
~Come up with an exercise plan and stick to it! Running, abs, and stretching should be on a daily rotational schedule.
~Get enough sleep - no, an average of five hours was not enough last semester, so I must maintain a bedtime and get at least six hour per night.
~And eating enough food...people get concerned when I start shaking during the middle of the day.
Knowing myself, I will struggle with keeping up all of these (especially the getting enough sleep one!) but I'm feeling motivated and ready to try my best and hopefully be a bit less stressed because of a more balanced lifestyle.
There is so much to look forward to - I must be ready for it!
"You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain." ~Tom Hiddleston
No comments:
Post a Comment