Exactly one week from today I will be moving into my 3rd floor dorm room and thus beginning what will be my life for the next four years - COLLEGE!!! I'm uber excited.
So I've been prepping. I sewed 160 squares together to make the top of my quilt; Mom is sewing on the back and batting and finishing it up and stuff - she's awesome like that. ;) When it's done, I'll be sure to post a picture of my loverly fabric.
Oh, last time I posted I mentioned an upcoming vacation - it was awesome! Started off with a super fast shopping trip where I got all sorts of awesome supplies for school, then we settled in for a weekend of family fun! The one downer was my face still hurt tons from the whole wisdom-teeth thing, but I had a really good time, anyway! To see more about what we did, Trudi posted a delightful post with some great pictures here!
So now I've been organizing my stuff (still SO MUCH TO DO!!!), sewing the quilt, I'm making another dress quick (a 1912 summer garden party dress - there will be pictures if I can actually figure out how to make the thing - so far it's really pretty, though!!!), playing organ for church a couple of last times, and, of course, keeping up on the coffee & chocolate intake. Couldn't survive without that, now, could we? ;)
I read a really good book the other day - "The Healer's Apprentice" by Melanie Dickerson. I highly recommend. I couldn't put it down, it was a fairy tale, and the whole story was simply delightful. I look forward to reading more books from this author.
"Every once in a while you just have to decide to do something very crazy and very right--just to dare yourself to live. I don't mean doing something stupid and destructive--just something fun and good and beautiful." ~Regina Doman, The Shadow of the Bear
No comments:
Post a Comment