Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter & Baby Goats

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!!! I did, to be honest. :) I have long held that Easter is my favorite holiday out of the entire year! I love me my Christmas, don't get me wrong, but Easter, especially the Triduum, is just SO beautiful and... I don't even know what word to use to describe how it makes me feel, but I love every minute of it.

So, as I sang in the choir, and played the organ for Easter Sunday ( that was very exciting), I was in a state of bliss.

Of course I dyed eggs on Holy Saturday - I don't have the pictures of those yet, but they were very unique. I'll have to do a post about my process, which I am hoping to further perfect next year.

Aside from the general excitement and celebration of the day, there was an especially cute occurrence in the evening - my favorite goat, Angel Fluff, had her babies!!! Two little boys, who, after a discussion about names, were decided upon as 'Hal' & 'Louie'. Say the names really fast, and you'll understand what Easter word they were inspired by :)

Naturally, I took pictures:

Mom scored this adorable picture of the colorful Hal - isn't he CUTE!?!?!!

Louie has quite the personality - a very inquisitive and lively little thing!

Because that last one didn't really show his coloring, you get another glimpse of Louie. :)
  So that was a flurry of joy and curiosity at about 8:00 last night, but they're perfectly healthy, Angel Fluff is the most devoted of goat-mothers, and the two other adult goats are quite lonely without their Granny Goat leading the way, but Angel Fluff and her babies will have to stay separated for a few days yet. :)


No comments: